Medical Malpractice Attorney in Canton, Ohio

Probate Attorney in Canton, Ohio

Medical malpractice occurs when a hospital, doctor, or another type of healthcare provider causes injury to a patient due to a negligent act or lapse in judgment. Negligence may result in a misdiagnosis, incorrect treatment, poor aftercare, or improper health supervision. Examples of medical malpractice include unnecessary surgery, failure to recognize symptoms, prescribing the wrong medication or dosage, and failure to order or read laboratory results. If you have been a victim of any of these types of medical malpractice, you may be able to file for a lawsuit against the doctor, hospital, or healthcare provider. Please contact the Canton, Ohio injury attorney at Elizabeth A. Burick Co. L.P.A., to see if you qualify to file a malpractice claim.

Medical Malpractice Requirements

In order for you to file a medical malpractice lawsuit, it must meet certain requirements. You must be able to prove that your injury was the result of a violation of your standard of care. There are certain medical standards that the law recognizes, and every patient has the right to receive the proper standard of care. If you can prove that the standard of care was not met, you may be able to file a medical malpractice claim.

If your injury was a result of negligence, you must be able to prove negligence on the healthcare professional’s behalf. This means that you must demonstrate that your injury would not have occurred if such negligent treatment or actions were not administered. Significant damages as a result of negligence must also be proven. Loss of income, permanent disability, severe pain, and other aspects must be shown in order to file for a medical malpractice suit.

Speak with a Canton Medical Malpractice Attorney

If you have suffered financially, physically, and mentally from an injury that was a result of medical malpractice, you may be able to file a claim. I may be able to help you prove negligence on a doctor, hospital, or healthcare provider, so you can receive monetary compensation for your injury. Contact me today!